University College Birmingham Marketing With Events Management
This course is offered as both a BA (Hons) and FdA. Students studying the FdA will have the option of progressing onto the final year of the BA (Hons) at the end of year 2.
From local charity fashion shows and music festivals to international business conferences, this course is for those seeking careers in the exciting field of marketing and events management.
UCB has designed this course with leading industry experts to give you the theoretical knowledge and practical skills needed to succeed in this challenging business environment.
You will undertake practical marketing activities as diverse as creative communication design and public relations, marketing research for local businesses, marketing plans, pitching ideas and innovations to events companies and marketing for a local charity.
Throughout the course there are opportunities to customise your studies through a range of specialist optional modules, gain valuable work experience in events and marketing, take part in an industry-based competition and gain an industry recognised marketing qualification from the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Why should I choose this course?
- If you are thinking of working in a dynamic marketing role, managing exhibitions or festivals, then this course will provide you with the knowledge and experience necessary to succeed.
- You will learn all the main functions of business with regards to managing events and apply them to the industry through live consultancy projects. This will enable you to develop the business ready skills sought after by employers.
- You will be learning from experienced lecturers and industry professionals through a mix of lectures, seminars, workshops, ‘real world’ simulations and guest lectures.
- You will learn how to evaluate the success of marketing and events activities through a range of innovative assessments, including e-debates, academic posters, action plans, digital diaries and hosting a ‘live’ event from planning and procedures to operation and management.
- You will work with real clients, helping to organise events in order develop your industry experience.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.
Marketing with Events Management BA (Hons)
Tariff: A minimum of 96 UCAS Tariff points from at least two A Levels or equivalent BTEC qualifications. Find out more about the changes to the UCAS Tariff.
Marketing with Events Management FdA
Tariff: A minimum of 56 UCAS Tariff points from at least one A Level or equivalent BTEC qualifications. Find out more about the changes to the UCAS Tariff.