University College Birmingham Library
“We will help you achieve your best”
Now that you are enrolled and ready to go, you will have a lot of questions; such as:
- How do I achieve a good grade?
- Where do I find out about my core module reading?
- Where can I study quietly or in a group?
- How and where can I access a laptop/computer?
The answers to these and many other questions can be found in the library.
We can help you by:
- Providing expert staff to assist you with using and finding information and using resources
- Showing you how to evaluate quality information for your assignments
- Helping you to access your module delivery reading scheme which shows you all you need to know about your module, your assignments and your core reading
- Providing study spaces and PCs to suit your study needs
Google can only show you so much! You have a much greater chance of achieving a better grade if you read reliable, academic information. The library has print and online collections which encompass books, e-books, electronic journals, newspapers, multimedia and a range of other e-resources such as marketing reports. All online resources are available to you, 24/7 on and off campus.
Our team of Subject Librarians who are qualified Library and Information professionals and subject specialists are available to provide you with support when you are researching your assignments. They deliver sessions in class and during tutorials giving you invaluable advice regarding finding information and helping you develop your information searching skills. These skills will be vital during your studies and also when you are searching for jobs and begin working for an employer. Come and see us to find out more. Students can book appointments to see their Subject Librarian or they can visit them without an appointment as and when they require support. Students can also email or telephone their Subject Librarian with subject specific enquiries.
Feedback from students
Comments from our university students
Thank you so much for all your help last Wednesday…you were absolutely brilliant
Comments from our college students following ‘Kahoot’ library session
I found this session to be very helpful. I have learnt a lot about the e-resources!
The library space
The library is a quiet study area where you can concentrate on your research and assignment work using individual study spaces close to the book collections.