University College Birmingham Hospitality and Tourism Management
This course is offered as both a BA (Hons) and FdA. Students studying the FdA will have the option of progressing onto the final year of the BA (Hons) at the end of year 2.
Studying Hospitality and Tourism Management opens the door to a variety of sought-after careers including resort management, travel consultancy, tourist attractions and hotel management.
The hospitality industry is increasingly focused on international visitors and is looking for ways to partner with the tourism industry. Managers with knowledge of both sectors, and an ability to tailor hospitality services for overseas visitors, are in great demand in the UK and overseas. You will gain valuable work experience during a 12-month paid placement at a carefully chosen hospitality and tourism destination.
You will be encouraged to find a future career by studying a range of specialist subjects such as destination management, international travel operations and hospitality operations management.
Why should I choose this course?
- You will examine the scope of the hospitality and tourism industries and how they work together, whilst learning key business skills including finance, human resources and marketing.
- You will have the opportunity to go on a 12-month placement in order to experience the industry first-hand.
- It offers plenty of optional modules to allow you to develop a specialism relevant to your chosen career, such as Gastronomy, Cruise Operations and Social Media in Tourism.
- There is a compulsory overseas residential trip in which you will take part in a tailored destination management field study.
- You will choose an area of the industry that interests you as the focus of your research project, which will increase your independent learning skills and your future employability.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.