University College Birmingham Hospitality Husiness Management
This course will provide you with a wide range of opportunities to work at management level in world-class hotels, country clubs, theme parks, leisure centres, exhibition venues and catering services. If you’re good with people, business-minded and hard-working, a career in hospitality business management is for you.
This strongly vocational course will give you the knowledge and skills necessary for a range of management careers within the international hospitality industry. Throughout the course we will encourage you to add to your skills by specialising in subjects such as Management of Food and Beverage Operations, Rooms Revenue Management or Events Planning. Specialist technical modules will enable you to take advantage of UCB’s unparalleled hospitality restaurant facilities and supported work placement network.
Why should I choose this course?
- You will be exposed to the wide scope of the hospitality sector and learn how to apply key business skills such as managing people, marketing and finance within an industry context.
- You will have the opportunity to go on a 12-month placement in order to develop your management skills and apply financial, marketing and human resource management theory to the hospitality environment.
- You will be encouraged to develop an industry specialism such as Gastronomy, Convention Management or Managing Pub Operations.
- The course has an international focus, which means you will be able to apply what you learn to overseas organisations.
- You will choose an area of the industry that interests you as the focus of your research project, which will increase your independent learning skills and your future employability.