University College Birmingham Hospitality and Events Management
This course is offered as both a BA (Hons) and FdA. Students studying the FdA will have the option of progressing onto the final year of the BA (Hons) at the end of year 3.
This course seeks to provide you with the industry know-how to develop your career in hospitality with a specific focus on event hospitality. You will develop key hospitality management skills, coupled with a complementary awareness of events provision and management.
Birmingham hosts a vibrant hospitality and events industry and is home to the NEC, ICC and Barclaycard Arena, which host an array of events, festivals and concerts. With our network of contacts in the local area, across the UK and overseas, our work placement team will assist you in securing a placement that matches your career aspirations.
Why should I choose this course?
- You will get a broad overview of the hospitality industry and look in detail at how different venues manage operations and stage events.
- You will have the opportunity go on a 12-month placement in order to develop your management skills and apply financial, marketing and human resource management theory to the hospitality and events environment first-hand.
- You will get managerial experience by having the opportunity to plan and run your own hospitality event – overseeing all the elements from marketing and publicity to catering, staffing, finance and operations.
- It offers plenty of optional modules to allow you to develop a specialism relevant to your chosen career. Including Digital Marketing Management, Festivals and Event Tourism and International Marketing.
- You will choose an area of the industry that interests you as the focus of your research project, which will increase your independent learning skills and your future employability.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.
Hospitality with Events Management BA (Hons)
Tariff: A minimum of 96 UCAS Tariff points from at least two A Levels or equivalent BTEC qualifications. Find out more about the changes to the UCAS Tariff.
Hospitality with Events Management FdA
Tariff: A minimum of 56 UCAS Tariff points from at least one A Level or equivalent BTEC qualifications. Find out more about the changes to the UCAS Tariff.