University College Birmingham Distance Learning
This course is available both full and part-time and aims to further your knowledge of teaching-related and contextual studies and provide opportunities for you to explore current research and issues regarding working with children.
You will further develop your advanced skillset and learn how to efficiently deal with complex issues that may arise in the learning environment. You will also hone your analytical skills, evaluating research and studies surrounding childhood theory and curriculum.
The opportunity to undertake detailed exploration of current childhood issues is provided, enabling you to apply what you have learned into practice in the workplace and to support field research.
Why should I choose this course?
- You will develop your professional career in education as you specialise in the rewarding area of teaching and learning.
- You will be given a choice of specialist modules that allow you to customise your degree to suit your career aspirations.
- You will learn advanced techniques for research and communication and how to apply them to the industry.
- You will learn a variety of industry approaches around mentoring, professional practice and distance learning materials.
- You will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of industry trends and a variety of perspectives.
Primary and secondary pathways
A relevant undergraduate qualification or equivalent.
Early Years pathway
A relevant undergraduate qualification or equivalent (applicants who have completed a PGCE Early Years could enter with 60 credits).
Vocational subjects pathway
UCB’s Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Vocational Subjects (the PGLTVS contributes 60 credits to the final award).
UCB’s standard English language requirement for Postgraduate study will apply (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent).