University College Birmingham Diploma
Institute of Linguists’ Diploma
The Institute of Linguists’ Diploma in Translation is a level 7 Qualification intended to test the ability of those who wish to progress into careers as freelance translators or work for corporations worldwide, to a professional standard. UCB is a registered centre for the written examinations which take place each year in mid-January.
As well as a general paper translated into English or another language, candidates take two semi-specialist papers, with subjects such as Technology, Law, Science, Business, Social Science, Literature.
International Foundation Diploma
This degree course is accredited by University College Birmingham.
This one-year International Foundation Diploma is designed to prepare you for degree level study by providing an introduction to the world of business and its related services and gives you the opportunity to develop their English language and study skills.
Successful completion of this course gives you access to a range of higher education courses offered by University College Birmingham in the fields of business, marketing, hospitality and tourism management.
You can choose to start the course either in September or February.
Why should I chose this course?
- You will gain an introduction to business and management that will give you a strong knowledge foundation to build upon.
- You will learn important business and management skills that can be directly applied to the industry.
- You will learn the English language study skills you will need to study at degree level.
- You will undertake a range of industry-related assignments in preparation for higher education study and develop your expertise in areas such as managing tasks, problem solving and communication.
- You will be encouraged to undertake part-time work during your studies in order to further improve your English and develop your knowledge of business and marketing.
This course is designed for students who have completed high school but do not have qualifications equivalent to A Levels. International applicants must have an English level equivalent to at least IELTS 5.0 (with a minimum of 4.5 in each element).