University College Birmingham Business Enterprise
This programme focuses on the study of strategic entrepreneurial activity with a consideration of the business risk issues inherent in starting and developing a business.
This degree course is accredited by the University of Birmingham.
This degree course is accredited by Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
In the increasingly competitive business environment, there is rising demand for creativity, innovation and uniqueness. This in turn has created a growing demand for businesses to be enterprising.
Our Business Enterprise course has been developed in close partnership with industry experts to give you the business knowledge and work experience you need to advance in management positions throughout the enterprising service sector or set up your own business. This course gives you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of core business functions and activities and to appreciate how they work together in a contemporary global and digital business environment.
As it explores the basis of entrepreneurial activity, this course will develop your essential business and management skills so you can identify and respond to any type of business opportunity. It also allows you to apply theory to practice by undertaking live projects for local industry partners.
An important part of this course is giving you the opportunity to develop your own business plan as an option for your final year research project, with our industry partners contributing to your business development process.
Additionally, the course is dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), a recognised professional management body. If you successfully complete the Business Enterprise Foundation Degree or BA (Hons) Degree, you will also receive a professional Award in Leadership and Management from the CMI. You also gain CMI membership for up to five years which allows you access to a wide range of additional CMI learning resources to further support your studies. more information can be found here.
Why should I chose this course?
- If you are thinking of beginning your career in the business industry or setting up your own business, this course will give you the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
- You will learn about the business environment as a whole and gain a thorough understanding of both traditional and contemporary business functions and practices.
- It will enable you to develop the business-ready skills that employers are looking for from future graduates.
- You will be learning from experienced lecturers and industry professionals through a mix of lectures, seminars, workshops, ‘real world’ simulations and guest lecturers.
- You will learn how to evaluate the success of business activities through a range of innovative assessments including e-debates, academic posters, action plans and management reports.
- You will receive a professional Award in Leadership and Management from the CMI.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.