University College Birmingham Beauty Therapy
Beauty Therapy Level 2 & 3 Diploma
- Course length
- 1 year full-time per level
Our practical courses will equip you with the skills you need to thrive in the glamorous beauty therapy industry. Training takes place in a practical working environment in our superb training/commercial salons.
Level 2 will provide you with the skills to work with confidence in a beauty salon. You will learn about essential techniques such as facial skincare, manicure/pedicure and waxing.
Level 3 will advance your skills and knowledge and allow you to work at a higher level with increased opportunities for promotion. You will be able to work anywhere in the world such as on cruise ships, luxury spas and resorts.
Why should I choose this course?
- You are excited by the booming beauty therapy industry
- You love the idea of making people look great and feel their best
- You follow fashion and the latest trends
- You might be interested in moving on to a degree course – and specialising as a make-up artist or looking at salon/spa management
Why maths and English are so important to your career
Achieving a good level of English and maths is important so that you can compete in today’s labour market and securing the career you’ve always wanted. Alongside your full-time course, students will continue to develop their English and maths skills. If you haven’t yet achieved GCSE grade 4 (grade C) in English and maths at 16 you will continue to study these by resits or by taking Functional Skills at an appropriate level.
- Ratio is very important mixing hair dye etc.
- Basic addition and subtraction are important in calculating the costs of equipment and products and managing the stock
- Percentages are key in working out customer discounts
- Area and perimeter are important when designing and arranging a salon space
- Accurate spelling and a wide and specialist vocabulary are key in the presentation of hair and beauty products and services
- Good quality Speaking and Listening skills are needed when communicating with colleagues
- Customer services skills require good English skills in speaking and written communication
- Accurate reading is a vital skill when following instructions in hair/beauty products and treatments
- Secure English is important when preparing a CV or a business proposal or when advertising/marketing your business