University College Birmingham Beauty Salon
The beauty therapy and salon business sector is booming. In the UK alone, it turns over an estimated £5 billion a year. With so many new and diverse beauty techniques and treatments constantly being introduced, it’s an exciting and ever-changing sector to work in.
The beauty therapy sector is highly competitive and is increasingly seeking staff who have not only a diverse range of practical skills but also have a knowledge and understanding of marketing, human resources and finance. This course will give you a strong foundation for a variety of future careers in beauty therapy including managing a salon or spa, starting your own business or being employed in a sales and marketing role for a beauty product company.
UCB has an excellent reputation within the beauty industry and our graduates are recognised as some of the best qualified and most employable beauty therapists around.
Why should I choose this course?
- You will learn the core business and people management skills you’ll need to manage a salon or start your own salon business.
- You will study customer behaviour, beauty techniques and how to deliver the salon experience customers want and expect.
- You will enhance your technical beauty therapy skills by incorporating the use of electrotherapy equipment for both face and body.
- You will learn to analyse issues that affect the beauty therapy sector and how to respond with effective strategies.
- You will get the chance to select from a range of optional modules which areas you want to specialise in, tailoring your studies to your future career.
Kit / uniform
You will need to purchase a kit and a uniform which portrays UCB’s corporate professional image in our practical areas. The kit will cost approximately £40 and the uniform will cost approximately £65 including your name badge. An optional cardigan is also available to order.
Our open days are designed to give you as much information as possible about UCB and the areas you are interested in studying. Come along and we may make you an offer on the day.