University Of Chichester Trust
University Of Chichester Trust
The decision made by University of Chichester in 2012 to become an Academy Sponsor was a carefully considered but wholehearted one. The University has an education heritage that goes back over 150 years, it has been training teachers and innovating in education from the beginning and has a strong partnership programme working with 600 schools across the region. It was a natural step for the University to take this relationship to another level by becoming involved in the academies programme and in the school-based training revolution.
Now firmly established as an educational charity, the University of Chichester Multi-Academy Trust is uniquely placed to make a difference to schools in the region. With access to University resources and expertise, including school improvement specialists from the University’s Education Department, and the extensive experience of our core team of Finance, HR and Premises professionals we can tailor support that meets the specific needs of our academies in their own locality.
The journey to excellence will be different for every school. Using a genuine partnership approach, our academies become part of a shared endeavor designed to raise aspirations and enrich lives. Conversion to academy status with the University of Chichester Academy Trust is an opportunity to be part of a caring and supportive learning community which encourages pupils, staff and the wider community to work together to exceed their own expectations.
Welcome to our web site and for whatever reason you have visited I hope you find the information you are searching for. We are immensely proud of our Trust and our Academies so please get in touch if we can be of any further help.
Sue Samson, Chief Executive Officer
Guiding what we do
The Vision of the University of Chichester Academy Trust is for all young people to be inspired by an excellent education that raises their aspirations and enriches their lives.
Our Mission is to create a vibrant inclusive and aspirational family of academies, transforming life chances for pupils through excellent teaching and learning.
Our Shared values are:
Our aims are to:
- Promote high aspirations and success for all.
- Ensure progressive and sustained improvement in standards of education and progress in pupils.
- Create a learning environment where staff can promote and deliver creative, dynamic, engaging and relevant learning experiences for pupils.
- Value and support outstanding teaching by encouraging and supporting the continual professional learning of all staff.
- Support and build leadership and management capacity within and across academies.
- Develop local learning communities where parents and carers are valued and encouraged to engage in the learning community.
- Embrace opportunities presented by the new educational landscape in a way that is coherent with our vision, mission and values.
- Generate levels of surplus sufficient to secure sustainability, support investment in our academies and the deliver our vision.
- Achieve a shared sense of mission and belonging across our community of schools so that the vision is owned by the whole Trust and understood by our partners.
The University of Chichester Academy Trust seeks to add powerful momentum to the progress of our family of academies through a shared aspirational vision and inclusive ethos. People matter to us and we believe that student progress and the development of outstanding teachers should be at the heart of our work. Our approach is that all schools are different and can take different routes on their journey to excellence.
“As a university we believe that education has the power to transform society, that we should play a role in enabling people to exceed their own expectations and that we should have a positive impact on our local and regional communities”
Clive Behagg, Vice-Chancellor,
University of Chichester