University Of Chichester Sports Therapy Kit
University Of Chichester Sports Therapy Kit BSc (Hons) Sports Therapy
This is an established course that has a track record of producing therapists with excellent clinical skills, sound clinical reasoning, and a depth of knowledge that provides our students with the ability to work autonomously, and in a variety of settings.
The aim of the programme is to broaden and deepen your understanding of sports therapy through the academic study of sports medicine and sports science.
As a sports therapist you are an integral part of the multi-disciplinary team that is necessary to provide the best care, injury management and rehabilitation for both sporting and non-sporting participants, regardless of age and ability.
It utilises the principles of sport and exercise sciences incorporating physiological and pathological processes to prepare the participant for training, competition and, where applicable, work.
You will gain competencies in:
- First aid to injuries in a recreational, training and competitive environment
- Examination and assessment of sports injuries (spinal and peripheral joints) and where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention
- Planning and implementing appropriate treatment regimes for the injured athlete
- Soft tissue manipulation and sports massage pre and post-activity
- The rehabilitation of the patient/athlete back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness
- Utilising sports and exercise principles to optimise preparation and injury prevention programmes
- Electrotherapy including modalities such as ultrasound, interferential, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and laser
The degree also contains the study of sports science, essential elements for a practitioner prescribing exercise.
These include knowledge of human anatomy, cellular and exercise physiology, sports psychology, sports biomechanics and sports nutrition.
Modules are supported by the latest research findings.
Entry requirements 2017 – 2018
Typical Offer (individual offers may vary):
A levels (or combination with AS / E.P. / BTEC): 120 to 135 UCAS Tariff Points including Biology or PE A level at grade B (excludes General Studies)
BTEC: DDD (Sports Science)
Access to HE Diploma to Science: Pass with at least 12 credits worth of Biology units at Merit
GCSEs: English language, mathematics and science at grade C or better