University Of Chichester Alumni Email
Alumni email accounts
- After you graduate from Chichester your email address will change from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com
- You will then need to access your emails from http://mail.office365.com logging on with your @chialumni.ac.uk email address and existing password
- If your password does not work, please use the ‘Can’t access your account’ link on the Microsoft login page
- Your personal OneDrive account will still be available through Microsoft’s url https://onedrive.live.com, using your same logon credentials
- Your OneDrive for Business account, which is accessed from within your University web based email, will be disabled 30 days after your email change
- If you currently have an email redirect set up to forward University emails to a personal email account, you may wish to delete the redirect so you no longer receive University emails and targeted announcements (see FAQs below).
“Once my email has changed to @chialmuni… “
- Will emails sent to my @stu.chi.ac.uk email address still arrive in my inbox?
If you’ve given your @stu.chi.ac.uk email address on e.g. job application forms, then you will still receive the replies.
- Will all my current emails and folder structure be transferred to the new account?
- How long will I be able to use the @chialumni account for?
- Will my current email password used for the @stu.chi.ac.uk account still work?
- How can I change my email password once changed to @chialumni?
Once logged into email click the settings cog, then click ‘Office 365 settings’, then ‘Change your password’
- What services will I still have access to?
You will still have access:
– Personal OneDrive
- What services will I lose access to?
You will lose access to:
– University password manager (FastPass)
– OneDrive for Business (after 30 days)
– Microsoft student advantage (Office ProPlus)
– Library resources
- How can I turn off my email redirect so I no longer receive University emails to my personal email account?
You can stop the email forwarding in the same way it was set up
How to use the ‘can’t access your account’ link on the Microsoft login page
If you cannot log in after your email address has changed to @chialumni.ac.uk
- Go to http://mail.office365.com
- Choose ‘Can’t access your account’
- On the next screen you must enter your new email address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
and type the code shown on the screen
- Select ‘Contact an administrator’
- You should now see the message ‘Your admin has been notified’
Your request will then automatically create a job that gets logged to the University of Chichester Network Admin team. Please allow up to 2 working days for your password to be reset.
After your password has been reset you will be emailed a temporary password which will be valid for 90 days (the email will be sent to your personal email address registered with the University of Chichester).
If you don’t have a personal email address registered with us, please contact the SIZ and ask that your email address or contact phone number gets added to the job in the Network Admin team.