University of Cambridge Payslips
Since 2012 Employee Self Service (ESS) has been available to staff to view payslips and P60’s electronically online. You can access ESS securely here: http://www.hr.admin.cam.ac.uk/ess
Benefits of online payslips include:
- From a web browser, the employee can access both current and historical (since June 2008) pay slips online, at work or in their own home.
- Payslips will be delivered and available more quickly than paper versions.
- Requests to provide back issues of pay slips in support of mortgage, loan or visa applications can be easily fulfilled by the employee.
- The employee can provide copies of pay slips without having to consult the payroll section which incurs an inevitable delay.
- Data security is improved as payslips are often left on desks, in pigeon holes or do not ever get to the intended recipient due to incorrect work addresses
- For employees engaged in a period of work overseas or when away from the office, payslips are still instantly accessible
- P60 forms will be included and stored online – avoiding the need to request the information from payroll for tax returns
Paper payslips are only available in exceptional circumstances. Exceptional circumstances could include:
- Disability such that the information cannot be accessed electronically
- Unable to use a computer so would not be able to access this confidential information unaided
If you meet the criteria to receive a paper payslip, please contact the CHRIS Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Should you require backdated paper copies of payslips please allow at least five working days for your request to be processed. Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce large quantities of back dated payslips. Please email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.