University of Cambridge Occupational Health
Occupational Health (OH) aims to complement the University’s academic reputation by providing a service that promotes and preserves both the physical and mental wellbeing of all staff.
Working alongside our colleagues in the Safety Office we assist in ensuring that the work environment is safe and that a person’s health is not adversely affected by their work activities. This is reflected in our mission statement which is ‘to prevent ill health and promote health amongst University staff ‘.
The occupational health team comprises of a small team of occupational health specialist doctors and nurses and administrative personnel who:
- devise preventative strategies for identifying and controlling hazards to health arising from work
- advise on fitness for work, vocational placement, return to work after illness, ill health retirement, work-related illness and the control of occupational hazards
- assist in fulfilling statutory (e.g. health surveillance) and regulatory requirements (e.g. guidance on food safety, the application of the Equality Act) to ensure that the health of staff and others is not adversely affected by their work
- ensure that work health issues are appropriately managed
- promote health and wellbeing at work
Please send email correspondence to email@example.com
Our main reception telephone number is 01223 336594
Our postal address is:
16 Mill Lane