University of Cambridge Job Board
Advertising your vacancies at Cambridge
The Careers Service runs an online job search, accessible to our students, staff and alumni. We are pleased to offer a free service to users and employers.
- We cover jobs and opportunities for alumni, finalists, and those looking for vacation work.
- The Careers Service posts advertisements free of charge, and may in their absolute discretion decline to accept an advertisement without the giving of reasons.
- No log-in required; just complete the relevant online form below.
- We do not email you to let you know when your vacancy has gone live. If you do not hear back from us, all is well and your advert will shortly go online. If there is a problem, we will contact you asap. We aim to publish adverts within 4-5 working days.
- If you have any questions not answered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help. (Please do not email jobs to this address.)
Please see below for jobs we do not advertise; in order to provide the best service for our students we are unable to advertise any vacancies that do not meet our criteria.
I have read and agree to the information below and wish to:
Jobs we do not advertise
We also do not advertise the following
- Term-time work for undergraduates (Cambridge students are not allowed to work during term time).
- Jobs requiring 3+ years’ workplace experience (we focus our resources on our main group of users, current/recent students).
- Unpaid internships that do not comply with the National Minimum Wage legislation, unless they fall into one of the exceptions categories.
- 1-year sandwich/industry placements (because Cambridge does not offer sandwich courses.) See year abroad placements.
- Volunteering and paid opportunities based in countries that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advise against all but essential travel.
Tips for getting a good response from applicants
- Include salary information and put a specific closing date.
- Submit your vacancy at least 1 week before the closing date, preferably 2 weeks. (Applicants need time to research the job and write a good application. During busy periods it may take us a few days to get your advert online.)