University of Cambridge Finance
Our staff promote the effective use of Cambridge’s financial resources by providing professional advice across the University. We supply financial information to the Council and other bodies to enable them to make informed decisions.
We also ensure Cambridge’s financial compliance with the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) and other funding bodies, in addition to preparing the University’s annual statutory financial statements.
The Finance Division’s aims are to:
- Provide financial information to Council and other bodies to enable informed decisions
- Ensure compliance with statutory, HEFCE, other funding bodies, and University requirements and regulations of financial matters
- Establish standards of good practice in Accounting, Reporting, Financial Planning, Purchasing and Services
- Promote effective use of University financial resources
- Provide professional advice across the University
- Provide the opportunity for personal and career development in a stimulating and enjoyable working environment
Finance Director’s Office
The Finance Division is managed by the Finance Director’s Office, through its four main arms of Financial Accounting Group, Financial Services Group, Financial Planning and Analysis and Financial Systems Operations Group.
The Director’s Office maintains the University Financial Regulations and coordinate the activity of the Internal Auditors, Deloitte, as well as carrying out central activities such as matters relating to the Finance Committee and office management.