University of Buckingham Wifi
Wireless Internet Access (WIA)
The wireless internet access service is available across campus and in all university accommodation. In order to use our wireless network (often referred to as WIA – Wireless Internet Access) you must register your wireless device; this registration process can be done on your wireless device using your University username and password. You do not need to visit IT to connect and register.
Connect to our wireless system using one of the following guides:
- Windows Vista guide (PDF 156 KB)
- Windows 7 guide (PDF 218 KB)
- Windows 8 guide (PDF 381 KB)
- Mac OS X guide (PDF 127 KB)
- Android mobile phone guide (PDF 90 KB)
- iPhone and iPad guide (PDF 104 KB)
Register your device using the following instructions
- Instructions for all Windows / Mac / mobile devices (PDF 172 KB)
- Instructions for games consoles (PDF 128 KB)
Want to know more? Please take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.
As with all our services, we’re keen to hear your feedback; please get in touch with any comments.
Wireless Network Group
Research focus in “Wireless Networking” includes the convergence and integration / implementation of wireless technologies / standards, performance of wireless mesh technologies, intrusion detection and prevention, efficiency and stability of ad hoc networks.
Professor: Ihsan Lami
Department: Applied Computing
Summary of current research projects using the OPNET Simulator
2. Crowd Control: this research focuses on using Smartphone wireless technologies and sensors to predict and control crowds such as in football matches.
3. Cognitive Radio media access strategies: this research devise access mechanisms based on game theory.