University Of Bristol Summer School
Summer schools are integral to the work of the University’s UK Student Recruitment Office. They are central to our aim of becoming more accessible to a wider range of students allowing young people to experience university life.
We have been running summer schools for over a decade and have come up with a successful model that comprises a balance of academic study, enjoyable social activities and crucial interaction with our students and academics.
In 2017, we will be running the following summer schools:
- The Sutton Trust Summer School for Year 12 students
Each of these programmes will introduce students to the type of work they can expect as undergraduate students.
Insight into Bristol is an innovative residential summer school that gives students from London access to the University of Bristol’s academic expertise and facilities.
Insight into Bristol offers the following opportunities:
- An academic taster day in London, taught by University of Bristol staff.
- A residential summer school at the University of Bristol that will offer:
- academic sessions
- access to a range of facilities
- the chance to explore the University.
- Follow-up support sessions in London during Year 13, including support with UCAS applications.
Subjects you can study
As part of Insight into Bristol you can choose one of a number of subject areas in arts, sciences and social sciences. Each subject stream gives you an idea of what it’s like to study at the University of Bristol.
You will have an opportunity to work with academics and current students, who can offer advice and guidance about higher education and your chosen area of study.
Find out more information on the subject streams we offer.
Launch Event: Tuesday 20 June 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, Arts & Media School in Islington, North London.