University Of Bristol Funding
As a student, you may not be personally responsible for paying your fees (it could be your parents or a government sponsor for example) but you will need to know how much needs to be paid, what it is for, and how and when it needs to be paid. You might also want to know how to supplement your income, either with a scholarship or by working part-time. The following information should answer these questions:
A tuition fee is payable for every programme of study at the University of Bristol (with the exception of incoming Erasmus exchange students). The amount that is payable varies depending on the programme. Please select the relevant information from the following:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate study fees
- Incoming Study Abroad and non-EU exchange students
- Incoming Erasmus (EU) exchange students do not pay a tuition fee to the University of Bristol
- English Language Programme fees
- International Foundation Programme fees
- Year Abroad students (current Bristol students planning Erasmus or non-EU exchanges outside Bristol) (University staff and students only) – please also refer to your Faculty Office for confirmation of exactly what the tuition fee will be.
Definition of an overseas student for fee purposes
If you are not sure whether you will be liable to pay tuition fees at the overseas rate, please consult our guidelines on fee status.
If you apply to Bristol, your fee status will be confirmed when an offer is made.
We may ask you to complete a fee status questionnaire so that we can determine your fee status correctly. This is a quite lengthy questionnaire that needs to be fully completed and returned to us. The information we require includes nationality, country of domicile, parental work permits, vacation details etc with accurate dates. This information will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act and will be used to help us assess your correct status for fees and student support. This information will not be made available outside the University.