University Of Bristol Exam Timetable
- January exam period: 9 – 20 January 2017
- Summer exam period: 15 May – 2 June 2017 (8 to 13 May is revision week and some examinations may be scheduled during this week)
- August – September re-sit and supplementary exam period: 23 August – 5 September 2017
Exam scheduling for 2016/17
We plan to issue exam timetables for the 2016/17 academic year;
- 2 December for January 2017 exams;
- 30 March for Summer 2017 exams;
- 7 August for re-sit/supplementary 2017 exams.
Your exam timetable
You will be sent an email when your exam timetable is released. At that point you will be able to view your individual exam timetable on StudentInfo
The process of compiling the exams timetable
We offer approximately 3,000 academic units each year. This provides excellent student choice, but makes timetabling these assessments a complex process.
- we try to minimise the number of students taking two exams in one day
- we try to create a reasonable gap between exams
- we do not schedule exams at the weekends or in the evening
Timing of timetable creation
We cannot start to work on the timetable until the start of November as students are allowed a taster of some units before they make their final choice.
Factors which influence scheduling
Priority is given to:
- units taken by final-year undergraduate students;
- units with large cohorts;
- open language (LANG) units (as students from most schools can take these, there are often clashes).
Other factors which can affect scheduling
- early scheduling of exams for units with a compulsory field course element or other approved activity which requires the students to be away from the University during part of the exam period;
- online or practical examinations which need to be accommodated in a specific facility (such as a lab/computer room).