University Of Bristol Economics
University Of Bristol Economics, Finance and Management sits within the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law at the world-leading University of Bristol, and is made up of three distinct departments: Economics, Accounting and Finance, and Management. It can trace its historical roots back to the very beginnings of the University of Bristol.
Our cutting-edge research plays a significant role in informing and shaping UK, European and global policy. Our scholars – experts that have been drawn from a background of diverse disciplines – conduct pioneering research into pressing 21st-century issues such as corporate social responsibility and the global political economy.
The high quality of our research was illustrated in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) in which 88 per cent of the Department of Economics research was classified as either world leading or internationally excellent, while the Department of Management, together with Accounting and Finance, was ranked sixth in the UK for its research impact.
Our educational environment is dynamic and challenging, and we pride ourselves on the synergies between research and teaching. Our courses are delivered by international researchers and world-class teaching staff appointed from a wide range of complementary disciplines, who incorporate the very latest ideas into their teaching. We nurture adaptable, resilient graduates who leave our school with a broad range of skills and expertise, and are prepared for a rapidly changing world.
We offer a wide range of both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. We currently offer 13 single honours undergraduate courses, taking advantage of the specialisms of our three constituent departments, and three joint honours programmes with mathematics, politics and philosophy. At postgraduate level, we offer nine full-time taught MSc degrees, and a part-time MSc degree in Strategy, Change and Leadership.
The school consists of almost 100 academics working in research and teaching. We currently have 60 postgraduate research students, and we accept approximately 550 undergraduate students and 600 taught postgraduate students each year.
Economics courses for 2018
- BSc Economics (L100)
- BSc Economics and Accounting (LN14)
- BSc Economics and Accounting with Study Abroad
- BSc Economics and Econometrics (L140)
- BSc Economics and Econometrics with Study Abroad
- BSc Economics and Finance (LN13)
- BSc Economics and Finance with Study Abroad
- BSc Economics and Management (LN12)
- BSc Economics and Management with Study Abroad
- BSc Economics with Study Abroad
- BSc Economics with Study in Continental Europe (L101)
- BSc Economics and Mathematics (LG11)
- BSc Economics and Politics (LL12)
- BSc Economics and Politics with Study Abroad
- BSc Philosophy and Economics (VL51)
- BSc Philosophy and Economics with Study Abroad
School of Economics Finance and Management
University of Bristol
Priory Road Complex
The School administration is based in the Mary Paley Building, 12 Priory Road, close to the heart of the University of Bristol campus.