University of Brighton Widening Participation
The University of Brighton’s Widening Participation Programme is called Compact Plus. Students from post-16 Compact partner sixth forms and colleges who meet the criteria are welcome to apply. For more information and a link to the application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We work with students from a wide range of backgrounds to help support them into university, throughout their studies and into their careers.
We believe everyone should have an equal and fair chance to study in higher education and that it is important to equip students with the knowledge, skills and experience to help them succeed.
The Compact Plus Programme are looking to work with students who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Looked After Children and Young Carers.
- Students in receipt of Pupil Premium/Free School Meals/16-19 Bursary.
- Disabled students (includes learning disabilities).
- Those who are the first in their family to consider university.
- Those who live in an area with low progression to university.
What does the Compact Plus programme include?
The Compact Plus programme is designed to support students through activities, advice and impartial guidance, from primary school age through to graduation and beyond. It includes:
- Taster lectures and workshops
- Summer and Saturday schools
- Opportunities to shadow our students
- One-to-one support with writing personal statements
- Help in preparing for interviews
We offer a bursary to Compact Plus students who come to study at the University of Brighton.
Find out about our summer schools
Find out about Compact events
Primary school activities
We offer a number of activities to ensure all students are informed about university and to encourage participation from under-represented groups, including:
- Professor C Gull – a series of interactive and fun activities to introduce university to younger students
Additional activities are available if you are one of the 15 primary schools in Sussex that are part of the University of Brighton Compact.
Secondary school, sixth form and college activities
We can help you to organise events either for your students or your staff.