University of Brighton Tier 4
University of Brighton Tier 4, If you have accepted an unconditional offer to study a course at the university, or you have already started a course and need to apply for a Tier 4 student visa from outside of the UK, please read the step-by-step guidance below.
If you are already in the UK and you are permitted to apply to extend your current visa from within the UK please see our guidance on making a Tier 4 student visa application in the UK.
- Obtain or request your confirmation of acceptance of studies (CAS)
- Obtain an academic technology approval scheme (ATAS) certificate if you need one
- Obtain a tuberculosis (TB) clearance certificate if you need one
- Make your Tier 4 student visa application in plenty of time
- Calculate how much money you will need to have in order to obtain the visa. Known as ‘the maintenance requirement’
- Keep the money for the required length of time and in the correct format
- Collect the required documents and make sure they are in the correct format
- Complete the visa application form
- Pay the visa application fee and the immigration health surcharge (IHS)
- Submit your application
- UKVI’s decision on your application
- If your dependants are applying to come to the UK with you
- Further information and advice
1. OBTAIN OR REQUEST YOUR CONFIRMATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF STUDIES (CAS)
If you’re an applicant and have accepted an unconditional offer to start a course
If you are an applicant coming to study a new course at the university, we are unable to issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS), which you need to make the visa application, until you have paid the tuition fee deposit, or provided evidence of official financial sponsorship, and returned a fully completed Visa Questionnaire form.