University of Brighton Student Union
So you’re on your way to the University of Brighton! Starting university can feel a bit daunting, but it’s such an exciting time and one you’ll remember for a very long time.
Getting involved with your Students’ Union is the best way to make the most of your time as a student. In fact, ensuring that you have the most fantastic, fulfilling experience at the University of Brighton is our mission as an organisation.
And as we’re led by students and work solely for our student members, you can guarantee that we’re on your side.
You’re automatically a member of the Students’ Union as soon as you register at the university.
WHAT WE DO
Lead campaigns to benefit students, stand in our elections, become a course rep, attend the NUS National Conference, nominate university staff for the Excellence Awards.
Come along to our Freshtival and Welcome events, enjoy exclusive student discounts with NUS Extra, relax in the Union’s cafe-bars on campus, enjoy our weekly nightclub events and special nights like Holly Ball, Graduation Ball, Eastbourne Garden Party and St Patrick’s Day Big Night Out.
Obtain free advice and guidance from the Students’ Union Support Service and our sexual health drop-ins. Benefit from our health and wellbeing and housing campaigns.
Join a club or society, get involved in student media, choose from a range of volunteering opportunities, get a job with the Students’ Union, be nominated for a Volunteer Award.
New students’ checklist
- Buy your NUS Extra card to save on all your everyday expenses from food and clothes to books and equipment. Extra is the premium discount and membership card for students. Find out more and get your card on the NUS Extra website.
- Check out our welcome events and activities and Freshtival line up.
- Have fun, meet new people and make friends by signing up to a club or society. Meet the groups at our Freshers’ Fairs or take a look at our website for details.
- Meet your student leadership team. The officers elected to represent you will be out and about during the welcome and Freshtival events, so come and say hello.
- Join a community of thousands of University of Brighton students by following us on Facebook or Twitter. It’s a great way to keep in touch with all we have to offer and to connect with other new students.
Look out for the Students’ Union Essential Guide which will be sent through the post to you before you arrive at university. It’s packed full of ways to have the best experience as a student and includes details of all the exciting events we’ll be holding to help you meet people and settle.