Access to HE Diploma
pass with 60 credits overall. Health studies, nursing or science. At least 45 credits at level 3, with 30 credits at distinction.
GCSE (minimum grade C or grade 4)
- with Access course – maths and English.
- with A-levels, BTEC or K101 – at least five GCSEs including maths, English and science.
A wide range of other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis, eg. Open University K101.
For all nursing courses leading to registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) as a nurse, you must demonstrate the following:
- completion of 10 years general education
- successful completion of literacy and numeracy assessments during the interview process
- evidence of study within the last five years is desirable
- evidence of commitment to the profession
- passing of occupational health and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
- ability to meet travel requirements to attend placements
- ability to follow a shift pattern that could cover any part of a 24-hour 7-day cycle.
Our Health and Social Care Practice foundation degree offers two ways to qualify for this course. Successful completion of year 1 enables you to apply for entry to year 1, and completing the course with 120 credits at level 5 may enable students to start in year 2.
Find out more