University of Brighton Office 365
Using Office 365
- Licence: Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 3.0 Licence
- Created: 2 years ago
- Last Updated: 2 years ago
Students at the University of Brighton have access to Microsoft Office 365 – a ‘cloud’ version of the popular Office tools. Students are able to download the following apps on their mobile device, for free:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
Once downloaded, the student must login with their username and password to use.
Accessing Student Email/Calenders on Mobile Devices
Students can also download the Office Web App (OWA), which gives them instant access to their email and calender (this is a good alternative option)
Students can then import their studentcentral calender into their Office calender (as of July 2014), keeping them notified of important dates to do with their courses.
With Office 365, students and staff of the University can get Microsoft Office for personally-owned computers and mobile devices at no cost as well as access to online versions of Office products and 1TB of free storage.
Download and install
- Log in to Office 365
- Click the Install software button
- Click the Install button
- Your Mac will then download an installation file. When it’s finished downloading, double-click on the file to open it.
- Double-click on Office Installer and follow the instructions to install Office
- When Office is installed, activate it by launching an Office application, then click on Sign in to an existing Office 365 subscription