University of Brighton Nursing Courses
We intake students onto our Adult Nursing BSc programme twice a year, in both September and February.
You will be based at either Falmer in Brighton (our west site) for the duration of the course or at Eastbourne (our east site). Clinical placements take place at a range of locations across Surrey and Sussex including Hastings, Eastbourne, Brighton, Haywards Heath and Worthing.
In Year 1 you will explore the nature of nursing and develop your clinical and communication skills, which will be assessed in both the university and practice settings. You will also study the biological and behavioural sciences that inform nursing practice.
- The Nurse as a Professional: An Introduction
- Human Qualities in Nursing
- Introduction to Human Structure and Function Applied to Nursing
- Psychosocial Studies in Nursing
- Professional Nursing Practice Year 1
In year 2 you will continue to share some modules with students from related disciplines, eg public health and research. You will also study modules specific to adult nursing and continue to develop your clinical skills in practice settings.
- Public Health for Nursing Practice
- Appreciating the Research Process in Nursing
- Acute Care Across Care Settings
- Adults with Long-term Conditions
- Professional Adult Nursing Practice Year 2
- Introduction to Global Health
- Extended International Nursing
- International Nursing
- Student Community Engagement
- Arts and Health
- Developing Clinical Research Nurse Careers
- Exploring Spiritual Health Needs in a Multicultural Society
- Emergency First Aid (Nursing)
*Option modules are indicative and may change, depending on timetabling and staff availability.
In your final year you will continue to specialise in the field of adult nursing and focus on more complex patient and client needs. You will undertake a dissertation and will also begin to develop management and leadership skills as you prepare to enter professional practice.
- End of Life Care
- Enhanced Patient Assessment and Clinical Decision Making
- Professional Adult Nursing Practice Year 3