University of Brighton Nursery
University of Brighton Nursery, The One World nursery is based at Tithe Barn, on the Moulsecoomb campus. Our most recent Ofsted inspection rated us a ‘centre of excellence’ for early-years childcare provision.
The nurseries provide an inclusive, safe and stimulating environment. Children are supported and encouraged by a highly motivated, committed and experienced staff team.
One World nursery:
- provides the equivalent of 35 full-time places. The nursery is based in Tithe Barn on the university’s Moulsecoomb campus, Lewes Road
- is organised around four large rooms on two levels
- features a large well-equipped garden.
At One World nursery we
- offer 35 places for two- to five-year-olds
- foster individual children’s learning needs and build strong partnerships between staff, parents and other agencies
- regularly review and record children’s progress and communicate this progress with parents
- train our driven and dedicated staff regularly to keep them up to date with advances in safeguarding practice
- ensure that children with English as a second language settle in and integrate well
- pride ourselves on providing comprehensive and well-informed care for children with special educational needs and disabilities
- employ four full-time staff and six part-time staff devoted to cultivating an interactive, safe and supportive environment for children
- allow children to move freely between our four playrooms and secure garden
- invite parents to share their expert knowledge, for example singing songs in other languages
- offer a book-loan service.
The most recent Ofsted inspections recognised outstanding practice in organisation and use of creative play areas for university nurseries. The nurseries have achieved consistently excellent Ofsted reports, which can be viewed in full on www.ofsted.gov.uk