University of Brighton For International Students
Join a UK university and a global community.
Choose to be a part of a UK university that gives you relevant academic knowledge and the opportunity to use that knowledge and gain real-world work experience.
Gaining an internationally recognised degree from the University of Brighton will prepare you for a successful career anywhere in the world. You’ll study and live in beautiful locations and have great experiences along the way.
We’re also ranked in the top 20 in UK league tables for a number of subjects
Study with us and you’ll graduate with much more than a degree. You’ll feel confident and ready to start your career, with all the skills, experience and knowledge you need to succeed. You also leave with memories and friendships that will last a lifetime.
Why choose this UK university
We welcome over 3,000 international students to the University of Brighton each year.
Our focus is on helping you unlock your potential. We provide a thriving academic community where you can learn from experts and gain the qualifications you need, and give you an all-round experience that you’ll remember forever.
Studying at Brighton offers an experience that goes way beyond the classroom. From day one we’ll help you build the real-world knowledge and transferable skills that employers look for in graduate recruits. And by the time you graduate you’ll feel confident and fully prepared to start your career anywhere in the world.
- Learn from industry experts who bring their professional experience into the classroom.
- Gain teamwork and collaboration skills by working on projects with other like-minded students.
- Learn how to use specialist equipment such as radio and tv studio kit, a flight simulator, hospital and a real-time trading room.
- Put your learning into practice, gain work experience and meet new contacts on your job placement. Recent placements include Rolls Royce, Nike, British Airways and American Express.
- Create an online portfolio of your university experiences, work and skills to support your CV when you graduate.
Follow your passions
While you’re here you’ll have the chance to pursue your interests, or discover new ones, by taking part in a wide range of activities through the university or Students’ Union.
With over 100 societies, 60 sports clubs and close links to local community groups, there’s something for everyone, whatever your interests.
- Improve your employability skills and gain work experience through volunteering for a local community project.
- Explore your interests and meet new people by joining a society, club or event. We have a year round programme of sports, cultural, political and course-related activities.
- Develop your own business ideas and meet like-minded students by joining our entrepreneurial network.
Brilliant and inspiring
Brighton is a friendly and open city, and one of the liveliest and most diverse places in the UK to live and study.
Home to global organisations, ambitious entrepreneurs and creative and digital communities alike, Brighton attracts some of the brightest minds from all over the world. With a mix of cultures, nationalities and religions, you’ll soon feel at home here no matter what country or background you’re from.
Outside of your studies, Brighton offers festivals, galleries, museums, street art, nightlife and a huge range of independent shops, cafes and entertainment venues.
The university buildings are located across Brighton, and further along the south coast in Eastbourne and Hastings. Wherever you’re based you’ll have the beach on your doorstep and be within easy reach of London.
A supportive international community
With staff and students from over 150 countries around the world, the university enjoys a wonderful and culturally diverse atmosphere. From the moment you arrive you’ll be part of our international community, and everyone will make you feel welcome.
If you’re an international student who is coming to the UK for the first time, we’ll help you settle in to your new environment and support you every step of the way. This includes:
- accommodation in halls of residence
- an orientation programme to help you feel at home
- advice on visa applications from our immigration specialists
- a personal tutor to support your academic studies
- English language support service.
High ranking subject areas
- 3rd for health professions *
- 3rd for information management **
- 4th for fashion and textiles *
- 7th for occupational therapy **
- 18th for architecture ***
- 18th for medicine (BSMS) *
- 19th for education ***
- 19th for physiotherapy ***
- 20th for art *
* The Guardian University Lague Tables 2017
** Complete University Guide League Tables 2017
*** The Sunday Times University League Tables 2016