University of Brighton Institution Code

University of Brighton Institution Code

Each course has a unique UCAS code that you will find in our course finder.

Applying to university with UCAS Apply allows you to choose up to five different courses at different institutions. Depending on the time of year, you can choose these all at once or add further choices later. You do not have to decide on an order of preference at this stage.

The UCAS application process is explained in detail on their website. The cycle runs throughout the year, with UCAS Clearing opening on 1 July. Before you apply, make sure the courses you are interested in are still taking new applications.

The main UCAS application cycle opens in September, and the main deadline is in January. UCAS Extra then opens between February and June. If you have already applied for five courses through UCAS and you are not holding any offers, you can use UCAS Extra to apply to additional universities that still have places.

Students from Compact schools/colleges

Make sure you add ‘Compact’ or ‘Compact Plus’ to the further details field when you complete your application. Eligible students at our Compact partner schools and colleges can benefit from guaranteed offers and interviews and financial support when they apply to Brighton.

How to submit your UCAS application

How you submit your application to UCAS depends on what kind of applicant you are.

I am a student at a school or college that is registered with UCAS

All UK schools and colleges (and a small number overseas) are registered with UCAS to manage their students’ applications.

You can get advice on your application from your teacher or careers adviser. To apply you fill in an online application and submit it to one of your tutors. After checking your details, and adding the academic reference, your school or college submits the completed application online to UCAS.

I am applying independently in the UK

If you are not currently at school or college, you can apply online independently. You can get advice about your application directly from UCAS, or from a careers guidance service.

I am an EU or international applicant applying from outside the UK

Unless your school or college is registered with UCAS, if you are an EU or international applicant you will need to apply online independently.

You can get advice from British Council offices and your school or college.

Application fees

There is a fee for making an application for higher education. The amount depends upon how many courses, universities and colleges you apply to. You can find out more on the UCAS website.