University of Brighton Doctor
We recommend that you register with a university doctor or local doctor as soon as possible when you arrive at university.
If you are not registered with a local doctor, you will have difficulty getting an appointment, and crucial time could be wasted in an emergency.
Why register with a doctor?
If you are not registered with a local doctor, you will have more difficulty getting an appointment.
Register now so you can access:
- 24-hour emergency cover or home visits
- routine appointments for ongoing medical problems or acute illness
- repeat prescriptions
- doctor’s certificates or notes required by your university course
- contraceptive services and advice
- holiday vaccinations and health advice
- medicals – diving, employment, Camp America etc
- health promotion and screening services
- advice and up to date information regarding infectious diseases, e.g. meningitis.
- Albion Street Surgery, 9 Albion Road. Tel 01273 601122
- Allied Medical Practice, Church Surgery, Saunders Park Rise, Lewes Road. Tel 01273 684500
- Allied Medical Practice, School House Surgery, Hertford Road. Tel 01273 551031
- Stanford Medical Centre, 175 Preston Road. Tel 01273 506361, or visit www.stanfordmedicalcentre.co.uk
- Enys Road Surgery, 5-7 Enys Road. Tel 01323 410088, or visit www.enysroadsurgery.nhs.uk
- Hastings Medical Practice and Walk in Centre, Station Plaza Health Centre, Station Approach. Tel 01424 884410
- Dr J Searson at Warrior Square Surgery, 7th Floor, Cavendish House, Breeds Place. Tel 01424 434151 or 01424 423786.
Find a doctor
To register with another practice, first find your local services on the NHS Choices website.
- When you register
- International students
- Repeat prescriptions
- Help with health costs
- NHS complaints
When you register
When you register you will need to provide photographic ID and proof of your address.
If you choose to register with one of the on-site surgeries you will also need proof that you are a student, for example your current student card or library card.
Please keep your GP informed of your current address and phone number or you may no longer be registered.
You can download our list of useful contacts (500k pdf).