University of Brighton Disability
University of Brighton Disability, The sooner you disclose a medical condition, physical disability, mental health condition or Specific Learning Disability (e.g. dyslexia), the earlier we will be able to arrange support for you.
However, there is no time limit on when you have to disclose. You can do this at any stage during your studies at university.
Please speak to a learning support co-ordinator from the Disability and Dyslexia team if you feel that your studies are being affected.
We can help you if you have:
- a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) like dyslexia (we can arrange a free assessment if you think you may be dyslexic, dyspraxic, dyscalculic or have dysgraphia etc)
- ADD or ADHD (attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder)
- a long-term mental health condition including but not limited to depression, anxiety, bipolar, OCD, PTSD, schizophrenia, psychosis and eating disorders
- substance misuse issues such as drug or alcohol problems or dependency
- a long-term illness including but not limited to diabetes, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, cancer, HIV, chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome or multiple sclerosis
- an Autistic Spectrum Condition including Asperger’s Syndrome
- a physical or mobility difference
- a visual condition
- a hearing condition
- multiple disabilities, or any condition that lasts for 12 months or more and has an adverse effect on your studies
- a temporary injury that prevents you from carrying out your everyday functions, e.g. a broken ankle
Disability and Dyslexia Team
To arrange an appointment with a member of our team, contact your local Student Services office:
- Eastbourne Trevin Towers Student Centre: 01273 643845
- Falmer Student Centre, Checkland Building E-Wing: 01273 643584
- Grand Parade Student Centre, Ground Floor, Main Building: 01273 643187
- Hastings Priory Square Building, Room 108: 01273 644643
- Moulsecoomb Manor House: 01273 643799
For all other enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01273 643799 or write to us at Disability and Dyslexia Team, Student Services, Manor House, Moulsecoomb, Brighton, BN2 4GA.