University of Brighton Denton Road
Facilities at Eastbourne
Hillbrow, Denton Road, Eastbourne. BN20 7SR
Monday to Friday 7.30am to 10pm
Saturday and Sunday 8.30am to 5pm
Bank Holidays we are open the same hours as on a Sunday. We close between Christmas and New Year.
To book a facility on a casual basis as a student, staff or member please contact your nearest reception. You can book facilities seven days in advance if your are a member or 48 hours if you are not. Please note that we offer a special off peak rate for casual hire facility bookings. Facility hire off-peak times are 07.30-17:00. If you would like to make a contract booking (regular bookings, bookings by external organisations or bookings further in the future) then complete our booking form.You can call reception to check availability prior to making your enquiry or booking request.If you are looking for a venue for a childrens’ party then please see the end of this section for details. Located in the Hillbrow building on Denton Road the sports centre boasts a range of quality facilities.
On-street parking outside the building is free and the facilities are within a 2 minute walk of the main halls of residence and 15 minutes from the main train station with a good bus service (the nearest stop is opposite the cafeteria.)
The university’s sports facilities are available for hire by student, staff , external groups and the general public regardless of membership. A variety of fitness/swim membership options are available. All memberships are valid across all university sports facilities. New this year we have a lifestyle room for hire. This room is ideal for a range of holistic therapies as well as health checks such as blood pressure and cholesterol checks.
- 25m swimming pool
- 36 station fitness suite with a designated cardiovascular area packed with bikes, treadmills, and rowers, cross-trainers and steppers. Free weights range from 2-40kg with 15 resistance stations.
- Large 6 court sports hall marked for badminton, basketball and volleyball.
- 30 seat meeting room with direct access to the sports hall and extensive foyer.
- Artificial ¾ length outdoor pitch. Marked for Football, Hockey and Lacrosse.
- 12m x 4m Indoor Climbing wall, excellent for traversing and beginners.
- Two gymnasiums available for exercise classes, badminton, football, basketball, gymnastics, children’s parties.Disabled access