University of Brighton Counselling
The University of Brighton provides a face to face counselling service for all Brighton University students, and an e-counselling service to School of Education students. These services are free.
University Counselling Service (UCS) – providing a free and confidential service for all students.
The UCS team includes nine permanent therapists, two administrative staff and an additional 30 post-qualified and trainee counsellors. Each year, over 1600 students are seen for counselling, either individually, in therapy groups, or in workshops offering strategies for managing mood. Counselling at UCS
Please note that the online “CALM Relief Series”, has now been replaced by Silver Cloud. Click here for details.
- Individual psychodynamic therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy DIT
- Group therapy
- Systemic therapy for student couples.
- Eating Disorders Group
- A one-off debrief consultation for staff.
- Manage your Mood Workshops. See Manage Your Mood
- Procrastination Workshop. See Procrastination
- Insomnia Workshop. See Insomnia
- UCS is next door to the Health Centre at the residential end of the campus, opposite East Slope and can be found through the archway between the GP surgery and the Chemist. See Map
Limitations of access to the service:
Where a student presents with issues that are may not be hellped by counselling, or needs longer term provision due to high complexity, we liaise with and refer on to other more appropriate services.
We offer timelimited therapy and those wishing to engage in longer term therapy are referred to a list of accredited agencies. Staff from the service may not offer private therapy to clients seen in the university, before or after their studies are completed for ethical reasons.
We aim to treat all students with respect at all times and ask that you do the same to us.
How to get referred
You can make an appointment by phone, by email or by visiting your local Student Services office.
Brighton University students only
Telephone number: Eastbourne: 01273 643845 Falmer: 01273 643584 Grand Parade: 01273 643187 Hastings: 01273 644643 Moulscoomb: 01273 642895
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Brighton