University of Brighton 18 Month Midwifery
Midwifery relationships facilitate not only the physiological processes of pregnancy, giving birth and the initiation of the early mother baby relationship; but also the growth and development of each woman preparing her for her role as a parent.
This course is designed for registered nurses on Part 1 of the NMC register. It examines the professional role and practice of the midwife and develops practitioners who recognise the unique relationship and partnership that exists between mother and midwife.
Career and progression opportunities
This course provides you with an excellent foundation both for working in a range of contexts providing midwifery care and for further professional development in clinical practice, education and research. The award of BSc(Hons) Midwifery will enable you to access further academic study at masters and doctoral level.
- For non-native speakers of English: IELTS 7.0 overall, 7.0 in writing.
- Other: Current registration on the NMC Professional Register as a Nurse (adult, first level). 60 level 2 credits. Subject to occupational health screening and CRB enhanced disclosure and satisfactory professional and academic references. Evidence of accredited academic study within past five years. Ability to meet travel requirements. Ability to follow a shift pattern covering 24 hour/7 day cycle.
People who viewed ‘BSc(Hons) Midwifery: University of Brighton‘ also found interest in following institutions . . .
- Information Day – School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies
- BSc Midwifery: University of the West of England
- BSc(Hons) Nursing (Adult): University of Brighton
- Midwifery: The University of Manchester
- Advanced Clinical Practice: University of Southampton
- BSc(Hons) Nursing (Child): University of Brighton
- Informal Talk for Prospective Nursing and Midwifery Students
|GCE A-level: BBB||Min. units required: 2. Min. units preferred: 3. BBB (Science or Social Science). Subjects excluded: General Studies.|
|GCE AS-level||This qualification is accepted but no typical grades have been provided|
|SQA Higher||This qualification is accepted but no typical grades have been provided|
|SQA Advanced Higher||This qualification is accepted but no typical grades have been provided|
Read more: UCAS Points | Qualifications Explained
Read more: Tuition Fees and Finance for International Students
This midwifery degree is taught at Brighton’s Eastbourne campus where students simulate care and delivery in the university’s professional-standard midwifery suite. 50% of the course is spent on clinical placements in a variety of healthcare settings across Sussex. Students also have the opportunity to experience midwifery abroad with an overseas observational placement.
- September 2016 at Eastbourne Campus, Eastbourne
University of Brighton
University League Table Ranking: 89th