University of Bradford Time Management Quiz
University of Bradford Time Management Quiz, Score yourself on the following questions:
2 = “always”
- I do things in order of priority.
- I accomplish what needs to be done during the day.
- In the past, I have always got school work done during the day.
- I feel I use my time effectively.
- I tackle difficult or unpleasant tasks without wasting time.
- I force myself to make time for planning.
- I am spending enough time planning.
- I prepare a daily or weekly ‘to do’ list.
- I prioritize my list in order of importance, not urgency (importance is what you want to do, urgency is what you have to do.)
- I am able to meet deadlines without rushing at the last minute.
- In the past, I have kept up-to-date on my reading and school assignments.
- I prevent interruptions from distracting me from high priority tasks.
- I avoid spending too much time on trivial matters.
- I feel I spend enough time on school work.
- I plan time to relax and be with friends in my weekly schedule.
- I have a weekly schedule on which I record fixed commitments.
- I try to do the most important tasks during my most energetic periods of the day.
- During Study Hall, I make use of free time to work on school work.
- I regularly reassess my activities in relation to my goals.
- I have discontinued any wasteful or unprofitable activities or routines.
- I judge myself by accomplishment or tasks, rather than by amount of activity or “busy-ness”
- I decide what needs to be done and am not controlled by events or what other people want me to do.
- I have a clear idea of what I want to accomplish during the coming year.
- I am satisfied by the way I use my time.
- I usually turn up on time for commitments.
47-50 Points: Congratulations! You are an excellent manager of your own time!
38-46: Generally you are a good time manager.
30-37: You are managing your time fairly well, but sometimes feel overwhelmed.
25-36: Your life is likely to be stressful and less than satisfying unless you take steps to begin to manage your time more effectively.
Less than 25 points: Your life is out of control!