University of Bradford Psychology
University of Bradford Psychology BSc (Hons)
This single Honours programme offers the opportunity to study the mind and human behaviour systematically and scientifically.
Modules introduce you to psychology as a discipline – the fundamental concepts and their relevance to everyday life.
They cover social psychology, research methods, cognitive psychology, psychobiology, individual differences, and developmental psychology, and you will be able to design and carry out investigations in our Psychology laboratories.
This course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) as conferring eligibility for Graduate Membership of the Society with the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership, provided the minimum standard of qualification of Second-Class Honours is achieved and the empirical psychology project is passed. This is the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist and/or Practising Psychologist.
Membership of British Psychological Society (BPS)
Our students receive automatic and free membership of the British Psychological Society (BPS) for 15 months. The British Psychological Society membership scheme offers the opportunity for all students to benefit from the resources membership gives.
Membership benefits include:
- Monthly copy of The Psychologist magazine
- Psych Talk – magazine by students for students
- FREE online access to ALL Society Journals
- Discounts on: Society conferences; Events; Publications (journals, etc.); Oxford Press and Wiley books
- High Street savings through our members-benefits scheme
- For an additional fee there’s the option to join a Member Network if you have a specific area of psychology you are interested in.