University of Bradford Library Opening Times
University of Bradford Library Opening Times, Opening Hours
JB Priestley Library 2017
|Opening Hours||Staffed Hours|
|1 Jan until 31 Dec||The building remains open 24 hours***||Monday**-Friday 9:00-17:00*
Weekends: Self-service only
The Library Enquiry Desk on Floor 0 opens at 10:00 on Thursdays to allow for staff training.
Self service only on Bank Holiday Monday 1 May, 29 May and 28 August.
The JB Priestley Library will only be closed on these 5 statutory holidays:
- 1 Jan (New Year’s Day);
- 14 April (Good Friday);
- 16 April (Easter Sunday);
- 25 Dec (Christmas Day);
- 26 Dec (Boxing Day).
Summer Term 2017
|Mon 24 Apr until Fri 26 May||Opening Hours||Staff Hours|
|Monday*, Wednesday, Friday||8:45-17:30||8:45-17:30|
|Tuesday and Thursday||8:45-19:00||8:45-19:00|
The Management and Law Library will be closed on Bank Holiday Monday 1 May and 29 May 2017
Please see opening times for Special Collections, which vary from the above.
Library Comments and Statistics
Libraries and how students use them are changing. We have looked back at some statistics of our library use:
- Increasing spending on information – the total expenditure on information has increased by 50% over the last 5 years. Book and print expenditure has fallen slightly whilst provision of electronic information (eBooks, eJournals etc.) Has increased.
- Providing the right books – The total number of books, both print and electronic, bought for you to use each year, has increased.
- Helping you to find the information you need – There is so much information out there: how do you know what is the right source to use? Over the last decade the number of teaching hours by library staff has doubled and the number of students attending sessions has more than doubled.
- Creating a library you want to work in – following library refurbishments over the last five years, we have seen around a 40% increase in the numbers of you working in our libraries. We are constantly evaluating the study environment to ensure it meets your changing study needs.