University of Bradford JSB Lecture Theatre
John Stanley Bell Lecture Theatre
The JSB Theatre is a teaching room, but may be booked for events in the evenings and at weekends. With an audience capacity of 187 in fixed, tiered seating, it is a popular venue for public lectures and debates.
How to apply to book the JSB for events
- University of Bradford Staff: please complete the event application form
- University of Bradford Union student societies: please use the event application form.
Documents and links
Event application form
Room Booking Request / External Speaker Notification
To be completed for all central room bookings except timetabled teaching, small internal meetings and pre-agreed official committee meetings. It must also be completed for any meeting or event with an external speaker other than guest lecturers on teaching or CPD courses.
- This form must be used when booking a room for more than thirty people, or when any external speaker will attend. Organisers of complex or large events will be contacted for further information and asked to carry out a risk assessment.
- The event and any room bookings requested are provisional until confirmed by the University.
- After submitting the form, you can download it as a document for your records.
- Know the legal implications of your event. You must read the Events Policy and the Code of Practice on the Conduct of Events.
- You must submit your application at least two weeks before your event is due to begin, or 28 days before an event in the Great Hall or Horton Barn D01.27, or with over 200 participants. Such events may be asked to pay for Security staff.
- We do not host events organised by external bodies (other than University partners) at the City Campus. Prospective external clients are advised to approach Heaton Mount.
- Please leave blank any field that doesn’t apply. Writing “N/A” or similar may lead the software to think you are declaring a risk when you don’t mean to.