University of Bradford Graduation
Location: Great Hall
Date and Time: Wed 19 Jul 2017
Ceremony 4 – 10:00
Faculty of Social Sciences:
- Peace Studies and International Development (incl. Economics)
- Sociology and Criminology
On the day
- Aim to arrive on campus two hours before your ceremony begins. You should collect your gown from the Norcroft Centre.TIP: There will be limited parking available on graduation ceremony days*. Please see the Car Park Map (pdf, 172KB) for details of local car parks.
* Parking is available for guests with disabilities who are Blue Badge holders, provided that you inform us of the badge number by Friday 14 July 2017. If you have any queries regarding this please contact us urgently: email@example.com.
- When you arrive please make your way to the Small Hall where you will collect your graduand & guest tickets.
TIP: Please note you and your guests will need your tickets to enter the Great Hall, so ensure you do not lose them. Duplicate tickets cannot be issued.
TIP: We suggest having your photographs taken following your ceremony to prevent any delays getting to your seat. If you are late arriving to the hall we cannot guarantee you will be permitted to enter.
- Please be seated in the auditorium 30 minutes before your ceremony.
- Your graduand ticket will have your allocated seat number on it. Student seating will be at the front of the auditorium and guest seating will be at the back of the auditorium or in the balcony.
TIP: Unless you have notified us that special seating is required, guest seating is unreserved and will be on a first come first served basis. We would advise you to arrive early to ensure your guests are able to sit together.
- The ceremony will begin with a procession of the Chancellor and/or the Vice-Chancellor and members of academic staff. You will be guided to the stage where your name will be read out, you will then walk across the stage to shake hands with the Chancellor or Vice-Chancellor (if you wish to opt out of the handshake please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 10 July 2017). When you reach the other side of the stage you will receive your certificate and be directed back to your seat.
- The ceremony will last approximately one and a half hours.
- If you have not already had your graduation photographs taken you can go to the Sports Centre where Tempest, the official Graduation Photographers, will be available to take individual or family photos.
- Please make sure you return your gown to the Norcroft Centre by 7:00pm on the day of your ceremony.