University of Bradford Bursary
About the bursary
The University of Bradford is committed to helping students from all backgrounds access higher education.
In 2017/18 we will be offering a cash bursary to all Home and EU undergraduate students whose family incomes are under £30,000 a year.
Undergraduate Bursary Scheme
- New students starting at the University of Bradford in 2017/18. Students who are studying for a second degree are not eligible.
- Home and EU students paying Home fees and studying full time.
- Family income of under £30,000 as assessed by the relevant student finance service.
- Students paying the full course fee i.e. £9,250 for a standard degree course or £6,165 for a foundation year. Students on a placement year or those repeating less than 80 credits and paying a partial fee will not be eligible for the bursary payment.
- Student must be fully engaging with their programme of study, i.e. attending lectures, handing in coursework and sitting exams as outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
Payment amount & frequency
- Students will receive a payment every year that they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Year 1: £500
- Year 2: £600
- Year 3 and subsequent years: £700
- Bursaries are paid in the last week of March directly into the student’s bank account via the Student Loans Company.
- Students can receive the bursary and the Academic AAA/AAB Scholarship.
How to apply
We will automatically identify eligible students using information from the Student Loans Company – there is no need to apply to us directly.
However you must be financially assessed by 31 July in order to receive your bursary for that academic year.
To ensure you are considered for the bursary you must consent to share your information with us when you are assessed for your loans.
EU students must be income assessed by the EU Team at the Student Loans Company. You will need to complete an EU16 B form that will be sent to you directly and provide your household income details. You will also need to provide details of a UK bank account where the payments will be made.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01274 23 6637.