University of Bradford Blackboard Internal
Blackboard is the University’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) that supports learning and teaching. It is accessed via the web and, as such, is available to all UoB staff and students worldwide. Blackboard offer a series of videos to help you develop an effective learning environment; however, we also offer support which is more tailored to the University of Bradford context.
New standard templates for modules in Blackboard are being introduced for the start of the 2015-16 academic year. These were developed as part of a student-led initiative to standardise the student experience in accessing the VLE. The templates have been designed to support the implementation of the new curriculum framework by giving tutors a starting point on how their module should look and it gives students the opportunity to get the most out of their VLE. There are two templates: one for the Faculty of Management and Law modules and one for the other Faculties.
User guides to support use of the new templates can be downloaded here:
Faculty of Management and Law (FoM&L) template user guides:
- FoM&L Staff Guide (Word 2,684 KB);
- FoM&L Staff Guide (pdf 3,416 KB);
- FoM&L Student Guide (Word 7,321 KB);
- FoM&L Student Guide (pdf 4,396 KB).
University Template user guides.
- UoB Staff Guide (Word 5.764 KB);
- UoB Staff Guide (pdf 3,403 KB);
- UoB Student Guide (Word 8,593 KB);
- UoB Student Guide (pdf 4,425 KB).
We are offering a series of sessions to give support for using the new template – dates and booking.
Blackboard can support learning and teaching by:
- delivering online learning materials;
- providing opportunities for peer and staff support;
- facilitating collaborative exercises using discussion boards, blogs and wikis;
- assessing student performance using formative quizzes.
and can also be used administratively to:
- make announcements;
- survey users;
- monitor performance.
Staff and students can also connect to Blackboard via their mobile device.