University of Bolton Intend

University of Bolton logo

University of Bolton Intend

As a student enrolled on a degree programme awarded by the University of Bolton,  you have the same status as a student enrolled at Bolton.  This means that the degree certificate you receive is the same, where practicable you will  have access to the same facilities and you have the same rights and obligations under the University’s academic  regulations.

However, as the programme you are enrolled on is delivered in partnership with another institution off-campus,  there are special considerations to be made.

This web site aims to advise you on the split of responsibilities between the  University and it’s collaborative partner and to identify specific issues that may be of interest to you.

• Rules and Regulations

• Pastoral Care

• Student Feedback

• Graduation

• Contacts and Communications

Rules and Regulations

As a student enrolled on an academic programme,  you have the same rights and obligations under the University’s academic regulations and relevant details of these are included in the Student Handbook that will be provided to you at the start of the programme.  These can also be found in full on the website.

You should understand that these regulations cover both academic issues and also the respect you are required to give to your teaching staff and fellow students.

As you are attending teaching events in the premises of a partner institution, you will also be expected to abide by the rules and regulations that apply to attending that partner institution.

Learning resources

Specific learning resources will be provided to you by our partner and/or Bolton Tutors in a timely manner.  Some of these resources will be provided on line and you should ensure that you have been able to successfully register in order to  access to this material.

You should also have a look at the website for learning resources.  Many students find the  BISSTO (Bolton Interactive Study Skills Online) pages providing helpful .  Those who are less familiar with UK degrees  should find the Introduction to studying in Britain particularly useful. You will see that this also includes some tips on common cross cultural communication differences that may help you to understand the University’s teaching staff a bit better !

Pastoral Care

While the University’s Student Services Centre is willing to help our students studying off-campus where possible, it is often more practical for direct support to be  provided at the site of study.  Consequently,  your first point of contact for pastoral support should be with the designated member of staff at the partner institution.