University of Bolton Germany
Application Procedure for European Union Students
All applications for Degree or HND programmes of study should be submitted through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). Further details can be found in our How to Apply webpages and at www.ucas.com.
Before applying you may also wish to visit our Courses and Qualifications Guide to find out more about the different levels of qualifications offered by the University of Bolton.
A guide to qualifications that we recognise
A good pass in the country specific qualification (as listed below) would allow applicants to be considered for courses at degree level. Those applicants without a good pass in the country specific qualification can consider other courses offered by the University of Bolton such as access course, foundation programmes, Higher National Diploma (HND) or 4-year degree courses. See individual courses for further details.
- Fachgebundene Hochschulreife is considered comparable to Advanced Vocational Certificate of Education (AVCE) / BTEC National Diploma standard.
- Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife / Abitur is considered comparable to the overall GCE Advanced / Scottish Advanced Higher standard. All individual subjects passed may be considered comparable to GCSE grade C or higher.
- Fachhochschulreife is considered comparable to Advanced Vocational Certificate of Education (AVCE) / BTEC National Diploma standard. All individual subjects passed may also be considered comparable to GCSE grade C or higher. This award is less academic than the Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife / Abitur and more suited to vocational courses.
- Fachschulabschlußzeugnis is considered comparable to a standard between BTEC National Diploma and BTEC Higher National Diploma.
- Meisterbrief is considered comparable to a standard between N/SVQ level 3 / City & Guilds level 3 and N/SVQ level 4 / City & Guilds level 4.
- Staatlich Geprüfte(r)… Techniker(in), Betriebswirt(in), Gestalter(in), Familiepfleger(in), Wirtschafter(in) is considered comparable to a standard between BTEC National Diploma and BTEC Higher National Diploma.
Applicants who have an International Baccalaureate Diploma require a score of 23 for Bachelor degree level study.
Applicants who have a European Baccalaureate Diploma require a score of 60 for Bachelor degree level study.
In addition to the country specific qualifications shown above we normally expect applicants to have an English Language qualification such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or equivalent, with the following scores:
- Access/Foundation Course: 5.5 IELTS* or TOEFL 530 Written /70 Internet Based* or equivalent qualification.
- Degree/HND: 6.0 IELTS* or TOEFL 550 Written / 79 Internet Based* or equivalent qualification.
The English Language qualification requirement applies to countries where the language of instruction is not English.
Entry requirements mentioned below are a guide to the level of qualification required for postgraduate courses at the University of Bolton. Some postgraduate courses require that applicants have studied the appropriate subject at degree or an equivalent level in order to study the subject at a higher level. Further details on postgraduate courses can be found by using the Course Finder facility on the university Home Page.
Click the following link for guidelines to complete the application form. How to Complete Application Form
Entry Requirements: Magister Artium/Diplom/Erstes Staatsexamen with a “Gut” grade or equivalent qualification.
English Language requirements: normally 6.5 IELTS* or equivalent.
* Valid for 2 years from date of testing.