University of Bolton Civil Engineering
- The Civil Engineering degree course is designed to fully satisfy the educational base for an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) and to partially satisfy it for a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
- We offer a well-balanced academic and practical programme that gives you all the theoretical knowledge and hands-on expertise needed to succeed in the civil engineering industry
- Benefit from our strong links with industry, including many of the key structural engineering, consultancy and contracting companies in the North West
- The course has a solid reputation in the region and beyond for producing graduates ready for industry
- The civil engineering team runs a course for graduates to help you prepare for chartered membership of the Institute of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
The BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering will give you the technological, vocational and personal skills for a career in the civil engineering industry or will support your professional development if you are already working in the field.
Civil engineering changes lives – from transport necessities such as roads, railways and airports, through glittering steel and glass skyscrapers and hotels, to life saving water management systems such as dams, flood defences and even sewers. If you want to build for the future then the University of Bolton offers the best preparation for a career in this vital, innovative and prestigious industry.
By studying on the course you will develop the necessary theoretical understanding and practical knowledge for the role and you will enhance your ability to apply the principles of analysis and evaluation to civil engineering and construction-related problems.
You will have access to well-equipped materials, hydraulics, geotechnical and structures laboratories, an extensive range of the latest surveying equipment and the University’s unique design studio facilities with the latest CAD software and hardware.
About the course
Our dedicated staff team will provide you with a high level of support throughout your studies. All the teaching staff are construction industry professionals with extensive experience and knowledge of the industry and they are all active in the industry’s professional bodies.