University of Birmingham Year 12
University of Birmingham Year 12 Academic Enrichment Programme
This programme is only available to students who live inside the Greater West Midlands region and are currently in Year 12. The next programme begins with a week long residential at the University in August.
Students will stay in University halls of residence and have support from Student Ambassadors, who are current undergraduates. Students will attend interactive lectures relevant to their academic interests during the day and there will be a full social calendar in the evenings.
- Applicants must be the first generation in their family to apply to university (parents must not have been to university)
- Applicants must have parents in non-professional occupations
- Applicants must have a minimum of eight GCSEs (grade B and above, which must include Maths and English). A minimum of grade B in Science at GCSE is essential for academic streams involving Biological and Health Sciences and Physical Sciences
- Applicants must be taking relevant A level (or equivalent) qualifications for the academic stream an application is made to
- Applicants must attend a non-selective state school with a high proportion of free school meals and/or in inner-city areas. If applicants currently attend a selective state school/college, the school they did their GCSEs in must not have been selective
- Have a household income below £42,600
Other factors that will be considered include students with disabilities and those that grew up in care or are currently in care. We actively encourage these students to apply.