University of Birmingham Wifi
Wifi is available in all our of libraries. It is run and maintained by IT Services. Eduroam is recommended as your primary or favoured network. There are other networks available for visitors.
- For network information, please see IT Services.
- For information and troubleshooting, see our guide. (PDF – 968KB)
- If you are having trouble connecting to wifi and the troubleshooting guide has not helped, then please contact IT Services.
- For updates and information on latest wireless network developments, see Wireless Network Support.
Wireless network support
Here you can discover more about the installation of the wireless network around campus as well as any updates and information on the latest developments.
If you have a wireless (WiFi) enabled device, you should be able to gain access to the wireless network in any building around campus. Users of the wireless network are advised to familiarise themselves with the contents of the Wireless Network Policy document. The following networks are available across campus:
The eduroam network is the main wireless network provided across all campuses at the University of Birmingham and internationally by institutions participating in the eduroam scheme.
For use by:
- University of Birmingham Staff & Students.
- Visitors with eduroam credentials (from participating institutions).
This WiFi network is provided by BSkyB for visitors and guests to the University of Birmingham. Sky Cloud services are also available in many public areas.
For use by:
- Visitors without eduroam credentials.
UOBwifi & UOBGUEST are soon to be decomissioned and therefore we do not advise use of these networks.
The University Wireless Network Service is provided by the IT Services Network Operations Team.
Support for eduroam and ‘UOB’ labelled networks can be obtained via the IT Service Desk.
IT Services – providing mobile access to the University Network