University of Birmingham Scholarships
Education students (UK/EU/International) if eligible, can apply for the following university studentships. There is one award for each studentship and they are tenable for one year only. The award covers fees and stipends for living costs may be available in some cases.
- A E Hills Scholarship
- Francis Corder Clayton Scholarship
- Richard Fenwick Scholarship – research based programmes only
If you wish be nominated for one or more of these, please indicate this on your application form to the university, or advise the appropriate administrator. Nominations are open from mid-March prior to the start of the academic term and close in May. More information may be found on the postgraduate funding database
The Birmingham Grant and Scholarship
- The Birmingham Grant offers additional support to all full time undergraduate (classes as a UK student) students whose household income falls below the University’s annual financial threshold.
- The Birmingham Scholarship recognises the achievement of students from low-income backgrounds who perform extremely well in their A levels or equivalent qualifications and is open to students who do not have an undergraduate degree
View the Birmingham Grant and Scholarship webpage for details of eligibility and how to apply.
Funding for work placements, research placements and internships
The Careers and Employability Centre offer a range of award schemes for students from a range of backgrounds that are looking to undertake a variety of work experience placements and internships. Schemes include:
The University of Birmingham Undergraduate Research Experience scheme offers financial support for undergraduates to undertake work experience or a research placement in the summer vacation. The scheme is open to all first-, second- and penultimate-year undergraduate students.
Award schemes currently available include:
- The University of Birmingham International Work Experience scheme
- The University of Birmingham UK Professional Work Experience scheme
- The University of Birmingham Undergraduate Research Experience scheme
- Gateway Bursary scheme
Deadline: Now closed for 2017
The Global Challenge Scheme
The University of Birmingham is offering up to 20 fully-funded Global Challenges PhD Scholarships available to UK/EU applicants. Deadline is 28th April 2017 Find out more http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgraduate/pgr/global-challenges/global-challenges-scholarship.aspx
Distinguished Alumni Scholarship Scheme
The University is offering awards of £2,000 per scholarship to outstanding alumni wishing to undertake Masters study at the university. The Scholarships will be awarded to up to 50 candidates based on performance in their undergraduate studies at the University. If you are in your final year of undergraduate study at Birmingham and are due to graduate this year, you are eligible to apply. Find out more http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgraduate/pgt/distinguished-alumni-scholarship-scheme.aspx