University of Birmingham Parking
Hospitality and Accommodation Services are responsible for car parking including administration of permits, barrier maintenance and security.
Any individual using parking facilities at the University should adhere to the University’s Traffic Regulations.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO THE NORTH EAST MULTI STOREY CAR PARK
The ANPR solution within this car park is due to be removed on 17th November and replaced with Pay & Display machines. The entrance barriers will also be removed.
Members of staff parking here after these changes should either:
1) update their permit to a Purple Fixed Fee payment type (giving the most flexible access across campus without the
need for purchasing a ticket).
Application forms below – see staff parking options
2) should pay the daily staff rate (currentl £1 per day) via a pay & display ticket or by mobile phone RingGo system.
** Daily payment via salary deduction will not be available in this car park
Student permit holders should adopt option 2
Visitors to campus are requested to park in the following locations:
- North East Car Park Multi Storey (access via Pritchatts Road) Sat Nav Postcode B15 2SA
- North Car Park (access via Pritchatts Rd) Sat Nav Postcode B15 2SB
- Pritchatts Road Car Park (at the junction with Vincent Drive) Sat Nav Postcode B15 2QU
- Pritchatts Park (next car park along after Pritchatts Rd car park)
Visitor charges in all locations above are:
- Up to 1 hour £2.00
- 1-3 hours £3.00
- 3-5 hours £4.00
- 5-8 hours £6.00
No cash, register with RingGo to pay via your credit/debit card via your mobile phone (please note this service is not currently available at the multi storey car park but in our pay & display car parks only) see below for further details.
Parking at the University of Birmingham is free of charge after 4.30pm Mon – Fri and is free all day at weekends.
Visitors who require access to the main campus for business purposes should contact the department they are visiting to request a permit which should be hung from the rear view mirror of their vehicle. Visitors in possession of a hanger style permit issued by the department they are visiting should note that it cannot be used in the North East multi-storey.
Please be advised that enforcement procedures are in place in all University parking areas and penalty charge notices will be issued to all vehicles that fail to comply with parking regulations.